US College Expo
If you were born and raised in Canada or abroad, you may not understand the US post-secondary education system – or why your teen is so interested in going to college in the States! Of course you have heard of Ivy League schools like Harvard, Princeton and Yale. But what about specialized colleges like the New York Film Academy, whose alumni include Pierce Brosnan, Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins? Or Penn State, whose medical students intern in one of the world’s best children’s hospitals?
Your kid may be onto something big. US Colleges and universities are among the most respected and acclaimed in the world, yet there are so many, it may be difficult to decide which ones would be a good fit for your child’s unique skills and talents. On the other hand, your teen may have dreamed of attending a particular state-side college for some time now, but you are apprehensive: What are the academic requirements? Will you be able to afford tuitions that generally exceed those of Canadian schools? What about living arrangements? Professors and curriculum? Perhaps most importantly, once your child graduates, what will her job prospects be – both in the United States and here at home?
These questions and many others are answered at the US College Expo, an incredibly exciting, information-packed and inspiring event that is held by PrepSkills, Canada’s premier SSAT and SAT preparation provider. This dynamic event takes place just once a year in major Canadian cities. It was specially created for American colleges and universities and the Canadian students – typically those with a high GPA and/or special talents in certain areas, such as athletics – who are interested in attending them.
The goal of the US College Expo is to bring together, under one roof in a highly energetic and motivational day:
- Exhibitions by an excellent cross section of American colleges and universities, including Ivy League schools, State Universities (public and private), Liberal Arts Colleges, Health and Science Universities, Art, Design and Theatrical Arts Colleges, Universities of Architecture and Design, Universities of Pharmacy, and faith-based Universities and Colleges
- Admissions officers and other school representatives engaging with Canadian students one-on-one about their undergraduate academic programs
- A treasure trove of written information regarding admission requirements, tuition, and specialties of each school
- Thousands of successful Canadian high school students interested in finding their perfect match in a US college or university
- High school guidance counselors from Canadian schools who attend to bring information about the US admission process back to their students
In 2015, the US College Expo will be crossing Canada yet again, bringing this incredible event to major cities. The upcoming dates are as follows:
Vancouver: Saturday, April 11, 2015
Calgary: Sunday, April 12, 2015
Ottawa: Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Toronto: Friday, April 17, 2015 – Counsellor Day; Saturday, April 18, 2015 PUBLIC EXPO
If you would like to join the thousands of families who have attended the PrepSkills US College Expo and gained tremendous knowledge and insight into the US admissions process, please register now for one of the events in a city near you. We look forward to seeing you at an even bigger and better Expo next year!