The process of applying to UTS for Grade 7 entry is unique. Students must first take the Middle Level SSAT (Secondary School Admission Test). The application package along with the results of the SSAT determines which students go on to the second stage of the UTS admission process.
- For Grade 7 entry, the UTS second stage includes the MMI (Multiple Mini Interviews), and additional testing in English and mathematics.
- The Math test is a full-solution-oriented test with questions of varying levels of complexity ranging from single-step short answers to multi-step challenging problems. The test is approximately 40 minutes long and consists of 15-20 questions.
- The English test is approximately 40 minutes in length and involves a page-long writing exercise on a given topic. Students are assessed on their communication, organization, sentence structure, vocabulary, and conventions for the written piece.
- For Grade 7 UTS applicants, results are based on interviews, Middle Level SSAT scores, report cards, teacher recommendation form(s), and the completed application.
For Grades 9 -11 UTS entry, students take the Upper Level SSAT in addition to the recommendations provided with the application and report card.
- UTS now employs the MMI technique for its admission process for entry into Grade 7, 9, 10 and 11.
- For Grades 9 – 11 UTS applicants, results are based on interviews, Upper Level SSAT scores, report cards, teacher recommendation form(s), and the completed application.
All UTS Stage 2 applicants complete The Character Skills Snapshot on line.
Need help with sample UTS interview questions? Request UTS Interview Questions.
Need financial support for UTS Admissions? Families in financial need submit an application to Apple Financial Services.
The SSAT is a standardized test that measures the basic verbal, math, and reading skills that students need for successful performance in independent schools. To register for the Official SSAT, visit www.ssat.org
- Middle Level (Grades 5 – 7) SSAT – Total score is out of 2130
- Upper Level (Grades 8 – 11) SSAT – Total score is out of 2400
It is recommended that families speak to UTS Admissions directly to find out more information about the UTS Admissions process.
For more information, visit UTS Admissions.
SSAT preparation classes available at PREPSKILLS!
“What can I say – my wife and I are very pleased at the SSAT test results – 99th percentile! A special thanks to my son’s teacher, for his effective and skilled instruction. We think your course made a very tangible difference in the outcome.”