How do you differentiate yourself in the U.S. college application process?
Choosing a pathway in the United States for post-secondary education can be challenging.
Prepskills helps families navigate the US college pathway for students who are considering specialized programs, college athletics, performing arts and more!
What does it mean to be a “pointy” college applicant?
- In addition to your academic transcript from Grades 9-12 and your test scores, what makes you STAND OUT?
- The key is authenticity and how to convey your interests and passions in the narrative of a college essay.
- When you can communicate to colleges that you are aware of more than just yourself, this will provide you the razor-edge difference.
- Those who aren’t necessarily well rounded but have an area of expertise or passion tend to stand out.
- Application depth makes you “pointy”. What’s your narrative arc that will make you stand out?
- How do you take your application from good to GREAT? What’s your deep accomplishment “pointy” spike?
- U.S. colleges take a “Holistic” approach to admissions. Are you READY to be READY?
JOIN US FOR U.S. COLLEGE CONNECT IN-PERSON ON SEPTEMBER 22, 2022 TO FIND OUT!
If U.S. college is a part of your potential trajectory, consider the following:
- Have you planned and prepared to take your SAT?
- If you are a student athlete considering college sport, do you know the eligibility requirements for NCAA, NAIA, NJCAA?
- How do you submit your application, personal statement, references, and supplemental materials?
- What non-academic factors are considered by US colleges?
- What are the timelines and financial considerations when applying to US colleges?
- What’s a Liberal Arts college?
- What do performing arts, visual or music US-bound students need to know?
Meet with US colleges, Prepskills and other experts to get the answers to the questions above and more!
LOOK WHO’S COMING…
National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), University of California-Berkeley, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, Alfred University, Concordia University Wisconsin & Ann Arbor, Pennsylvania Western University, Binghamton University (State University of New York), D’Youville University, High Point University, St. Norbert College, The New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts, Pace University, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, Washington State University, AND MORE!
Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 from 7PM-9PM at Philip Pocock Catholic Secondary School in Mississauga.
Join us for FREE, just pre-register to attend HERE.